Sorry I have not posted in a while, but thankfully with the New Year….I am busy with an influx of new jobs! Thank You, Jesus!
Below is an old vintage pine chest. I refinished the top in chestnut and a mix of espresso. It was very banged up, but that adds the the “distressed” look. The base is done in one of my favorite colors, Dove white ( made into chalk paint). Clear wax applied then dark wax to give it an antique vibe.
Here is another metallic silver dresser that I just completed for a client. This dresser is Asian inspired and was in a deep mahogany like finish. After prep work, I painted black…a little trick for metallics is to paint the base coat in black flat. Then I painted in my new favorite Modern Masters, silver shimmer. My client wanted it to look aged and classic. I chose to shade (glaze) in copper penny bronze. The bronze complimented the original hardware nicely. Usually I seal in polycrylic satin, but for this piece I decided to go with a semi gloss. I absolutely loved the result. I hope you enjoy this transformation.
Every year for Christmas, my family plays the gift swapping game “dirty Santa”. The gifts range from practical to prank because we plus a few little treasure to entice some “steals”. For one of the gifts, I made this up-cycled, repurposed jewelry frame organizer. It was very easy and you can make it a number of ways. I chose wire for the backing to hang necklaces, but you can do chicken wire, burlap, cork board…..cool retro fabric, etc.
I created the design for this accent table over a year ago. It’s still one of my favorites that I did for a client. It was originally a deep brown finish with a flat top. I painted and distressed the base of the table. Then for the top I heavily textured it with plaster, and added crackle finish. I stenciled the top with the French design then added gold accents to the lettering. I distressed the lettering, then glazed and sealed with polycrylic. Voila!
A client requested I make a directional sign that held all of the places they’ve lived. At the top I out a sign “established” to show their wedding date. It was made with 1×4″s fasted together and cut into arrows. The signs were then hand-painted and distressed for a weathered look. To finish, they are fastened to a stake….in her case, because of the many places the stake is 8′. This will also allow room for her to plant it in the ground. I made her two blank arrows for future destinations (not shown).
This buffet had raised plaster flowers across the doors. I sanded the doors down flat, painted the base in old ochre and designed the argyle in grey and tangerine. I was going to distress but it took away from the design because there are lots of curves and crevices. My clients wanted a more modern look so solid, I felt was a way to give it a streamlined look.
My sweet client asked me to create a look for furniture to go in her baby’s nursery. She knew she wanted grey and she gave me creative freedom to design a finish. The furniture was in family storage for years, truly antique pieces. They were a pale yellow color with lots of age and wear. I used a mix of greys to create a muted look with some slight distressing. Finished in wax.